Tuesday 5 May 2015

The bank holiday diary

Oh how I love a bank holiday weekend! And it seems like we’ve been blessed with quite a few recently… and there are more to come. In just two weeks we will get to enjoy the loveliness of another three day weekend.

This bank holiday I went to two weddings! Both were so different but beautiful in their own ways.

 On the Friday I could only make it to the evening reception as I had to work, but the party was crazy. The dance floor was packed all night with the bride and groom at the centre, celebrating until the very end. It got me so excited for our wedding which isn't long away at all now!

On Saturday we were off to the second wedding of the weekend. The wedding breakfast was hosted in an incredible building in Dulwich with high ceilings, big stair cases, chandeliers – the lot! And the food was perfect. We definitely didn’t leave hungry.

I never thought I would be saying this, but later on, (1am to be precise) we ventured to Isaac’s friends house to watch the boxing! Anyone that knows me will know how much I love my sleep, and dislike fighting but my FOMO got the best of me and it was fun to be waiting up with what felt like the rest of the world in anticipation of the big fight.  I was rooting for Pacquio, only really because everyone else was and I don't know the first thing about boxing.

It was time to finally relax on Sunday. I stayed in bed until the afternoon, hung out in my pyjamas, ate bad food and watched back to back episodes of Real Housewives of Atlanta. To make the day a little more wholesome I went to church in the evening and stayed to watch the youth bands perform after the service. They were so good – I’m sure we will be seeing more of them!

Then came Monday, I knew I had to make the most of a final day of freedom so Isaac and I went to play tennis in the morning. It's more fun than the gym and the weather was so nice! We drew but really I just wanted to stop because I was scared I’d lose…don’t tell him that.

That afternoon we went to the Grand Designs Exhibition at the ExCel centre. 
I’m only 22 and this was a pretty grown up thing to do but I LOVED it. We will be moving in to our new house after the wedding so I was getting lots of deco inspiration. 

I realised though, loads of it you can make yourself if you just put in a bit of effort… so watch this space – I’m going to attempt to make my own window seat! I’m sure I’ll be sharing my progress with you anyway so check the blog again in a few weeks if you’re interested in how to make one…... anyone?........ *tumbleweed*


In case you didn’t know, the next bank holiday begins on Saturday 23rd May. (I'm already counting down the days!) I’m going on holiday with my parents to Malta… wahoooooo SUNSHINE! But there are loads of things you can do. If I wasn’t going away I would go to Big Church Day Out. 

It’s an event in West Sussex that has been growing every year and now sees more than 20,000 people across the weekend enjoying some of the best live music and entertainment by artists such as Israel Houghton, Lecrae, Rend Collective, and of course Guvna B! 

Click here http://www.bigchurchdayout.com/tickets/info/ if you’re interested in getting tickets. You can camp for the whole weekend or just get a day ticket, both will be worth it!

For now, it’s back to the grind. Let me know what you’ve been up to.

Emma
xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig