Saturday 23 April 2016

A Little Look Back

I know it's a really random time to reflect on the past 12 months, usually you do this in December or January, but it was my nephews 1st birthday yesterday and when I think back to the day he was born to now, it has been the most eventful 12 months!


April 22nd 2015 Eugene Francis Toms was born. Ah what a little bundle of pure joy!! He has brought so much happiness to my family despite being a bit poorly throughout the year, but a trip to the hospital doesn't phase this little champ, he really is the bravest person I know. 

Lesson One: babies are so strong! (And so is my sister and her husband). 

A few months later it was wedding season! I had my hen party in May, and my traditional Ghanaian ceremony in June, and then my REAL wedding too! THE BEST MONTH EVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE! If I could do it all again this year I would! 


Then it was off to the Maldives for our honeymoon aka the holiday of a LIFETIME! We swam with sharks and turtles, and had the best time ever!


Our trip to India was just a few months later. An eye opening trip to see a way of life completely different to what I've known before. 

Lesson 2: it's true that 'travelling is the only thing you buy that will make you richer'! 

Shortly after we got back Isaacs new album 'secret world' was released. If you haven't already got it, then it's about time you do: Buy it here

In November I launched my website, Girl Got Faith - hallleluuuujah!  

My incredible Girl Got Faith team!
Lesson 3: Hard work really does pay off!

Then my sister shared the news with us that her third baby was growing in her tummy! AND it's a little girl so yay for adding to the females in our family. I was the last girl in my extended family until my niece Daisy came along 12 boys later.

We had our first Christmas as a married couple and my first Christmas Day not with my parents. We did still get to see them a few days later and, along with my sisters, we had the whole day all over again.
2 Christmas days = winning!


Lesson 4: having two families is the best!

The new year was in full swing, and in February Isaac surprised me with a valentines weekend away to Paris! You can read all about our trip in my previous post.

In March I got a new job with A21, an anti human trafficking organisation! It was sad to say goodbye to all of my colleagues from Bauer Media after so many of them had become such close friends of mine, but those kind of friendships go way beyond the company walls. (Unless you're Ricky, Ricky doesn't mix work friends with 'real' friends).


Anyway, it was time for a new challenge and I was oh so excited to be working for a cause I feel genuinely passionate about! 

Lesson 5: DO WHAT YOU LOVE! And be kind to people cos having friends is one of the loveliest things in the world. 

And last on my list is the news that one of my bestest friends is having a BABY!!!!! Congratulations Becci and Ben! You will make fantastic parents, so now it's over to you to have an adventurous year! 


I think I'll have a nap now....
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig