Thursday 2 March 2017

#AFewOfMyFavouriteThings: Elie Saab Perfume


This isn't just any perfume, this perfume has a story.

It all started 3 years ago when I was strolling through the airport duty free, and usually I run through the perfume section because it gives me a headache but for some reason this time I stopped to actually try some on! I had a few squirts of this Elie Saab one and off I went. A short while later I settled in to my seat on the plane and was like "oooo something smells nice"...then I realised it was ME!

I'm not much of a perfume gal, never have been. But this was my first moment of feeling like I reaaaaaallly really want a perfume. I wanted to smell this smell everywhere I went. Anyway, it was fairly expensive and I didn't have money to buy something as insignificant (in my mind) as a teeny bottle of something that smells nice.

Fast forward 18 months and I have thought about the perfume every day since (just kidding....kind of.) and it is my wedding day! I've written about this previously so I won't bore you with all the deets again, but my sweet husband sent me a gift to open that morning. As I unwrapped the present the excitement was rising up inside of me, it was the ELIE SAAB PERFUME! I WAS GOING TO SMELL LIKE HEAVEN ON MY WEDDING DAY!

As I looked at the bottle I noticed something different...and as I squirted it my suspicions were confirmed. IT WASN'T THE SAME ONE. *queue sad violin music*

Now, the fragrance wasn't bad, it just wasn't the one. A bit like if another version of Isaac turned up at the alter to marry me...cool, but not the same and not the one, Ya know?

Anyway, I never actually told anyone about this until a few months ago when Isaac asked me why I never wear the perfume he got me when I wanted it so badly for so long. Haha awkarddddd! I confessed that it wasn't actually the one I wanted whilst trying not to sound like a spoilt brat and he didn't seem to mind, he just thought it was hilarious that I never said anything for a YEAR!

Soon after he went to India, and when he came back he brought a fridge magnet as he always does, it's like a little tradition in our house, but alsoooooooooo the ELIE SAAB PERFUME! THIS TIME THE ACTUAL ONE. HAAAAAALLLEEEELLLUJAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

And I have worn it every day since!

So that's the epic story of why this perfume has made it to the list of #AFewOfMyFavouriteThings. It is my favourite scent and one I hope to smell like forever and ever.

If you want to see what heaven smells like for yourself, it is called Elie Saab Le Parfum L'eau Couture Eau de Toilette and you can get the 50ml bottle for £46.50 (maybe put it on your birthday list).

Emma
  xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig