Sunday 11 October 2015

It's OK if you can't!

I've recently been trying to design a website for something new that I'm working on, and, believe me, it is the HARDEST. THING. EVER.

I get so confused with the codes and layouts and the difference between a domain and a host and how to change this box to something else and how to upload that image. Today I spent four hours trying to work it out. And I just couldn't!

I don't know about you, but I always want to do everything myself. Sooner or later though, I come to a point where I get so frustrated I give up altogether. After my four hour website designing and failing episode I went out to get some chocolate buttons (because that makes everything better) and on my way I felt so annoyed with myself that I couldn't work out how to do something which is supposed to be so simple.

Then I realised, other people CAN design websites. There are human beings in the world that actually know what a HTML code is. I could choose to feel inadequate by comparing myself to their amazing skill and wondering why I can't do the same, but instead I chose to be joyful because they can help me.

To combat any feelings of 'I'M SO RUBBISH AT EVERYTHING' I started to list in my head all the things I can do.

I can write, I can think of ideas, I can bake cakes, I can play sport. There will definitely be people in the world that can't do some of those things and feel my same frustration as when I can't design a website. 

My point is, God made us all totally unique with different strengths and weaknesses. So rather than beating ourselves up about everything we can't do, why not focus on the gifts and talents God has already put inside of us.

If you are really bad at something by all means give it a go, but don't get down on yourself if you aren't as good as you'd like to be. Remind yourself of all the things you are good at. 

I think God made us all different so that we could learn to ask for help from time to time. We have learnt to be so self-sufficient, we're a DIY generation. 'Be your own boss' 'Make this at home' 'watch this online tutorial' is what we are fed daily, so when we come up against something that we can't do it's like woaahhh what is wrong with me! 

Our weaknesses teach us that we need others. And as much as you might need help from someone else, there will be someone that needs help from you, too.

Be masters of the things you are good at, and all the other stuff...just ask for help.

With that being said, anyone want to design a website for me? #Kidding!

Emma
  xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig