Tuesday 14 July 2015

What’s the way to have a perfect day?


If you know me personally or follow me on any kind of social media you will be well aware that I got married two weeks ago. It was incredible. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much it really was the best day of my whole life, just like everyone tells you it will be.

Well, not everyone. Some people find their wedding day extremely stressful. Now I've experienced the planning of it all I understand how that could be so, but after I had heard just how stressed out some people are on their wedding day I started to feel anxious. I didn't want to ruin the big day by having a bad attitude because things have gone wrong. But what am I going to do if the tables aren't in the right place?

Guess what? The tables weren't in the right place! And there were a few other minor hiccups along the way but I would still say that I had the PERFECT day.

Just after all my feelings of “oh no, what if it all goes wrong” prior to the wedding, I read something that said: “A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what is it instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it.” So that’s exactly what I did on my wedding day, and what I've tried to do every day since.

Who cares if the bridesmaid's table was further away from the top table than I had planned? We just waved and pulled faces at each other from a distance instead.


There are so many moments in life that will feel like the end of the world because it’s not exactly as you wanted it. When you feel like that, stop and ask yourself; why do I want it that way anyway? Why does this specific thing equate to perfection? More often than not it’s just ideals that we get from films and TV, or family traditions and friends expectations.

Try and allow each and every situation in life to play out in its own way. It doesn't mean not planning anything ever again. It means you can plan, but don’t be a control freak. When you get to the day, or the exam, or the holiday, let it be. When things go ‘wrong’ try and see the funny side. Take the situation for what it is and make the best out of it.

Not only will you have more perfect days, but your character will be shaped by it for the better, too.

Emma
xx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love this post it really puts things into perspective :) keep writing!!
    Love Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I really appreciate the encouragement x

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful blog page, I get so inspired by other peoples wedding day experiences especially being married over a year myself. You looked beautiful Emma, loved the colours you chose.
    I have started my own wedding blog page https://lgweddingsblog.wordpress.com/ would be fantastic if you have a look and maybe share it around, I am a Christian blogger just like you.
    Lots of Love LG weddings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Just checked out your blog and it's fab! I'm sure it will be really helpful for lots of people getting married :)
      xxx

      Delete

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig