Thursday 3 December 2015

Love Versus Fear


I don't know about you, but when I first heard about the Syria air strikes vote I was instantly filled with fear.
 
What does this mean for me? What does this mean for the coming few years? What does this mean for the world?
 
I'm not even really much of a worrier, but the whole debate had me thinking of possibility after possibility.
 
Then this morning when I was getting ready for work I remembered a preach I listened to last week called Love Versus Fear by Bill Johnson. It was such a powerful and impacting message, but I realised I had completely forgotten all the truth that I had heard because I was focusing so much on the bad things that were happening around me. I also realised that my fear made me selfish.
 
Why was my instant thought 'what does this mean for me?' when we all know that the real ones in immediate danger are innocent men, women, and children in Syria. But, that's what fear does. It's a lie that we tell ourselves over and over until we become so completely self absorbed and ineffective in helping anyone else.
 
The preach wasn't about war specifically, but it's an important message of strength, and perspective that we need to hear in amongst the messages in the media that are telling us to fear.
 
We have the ability through God to be fearlessly effective in our communities and in our world by putting others first both in our actions and in our prayers. Don't let fear tell you you can't.
 
 
Let me know what you think.
 
Emma
  xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this Emma, it's a good reminder to all of us, to always trust in God's word, and not be consumed with fear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kinda stuff worries the crap out of me! And i've never really looked at is as being selfish but I can't totally see how it can be viewed that way, fear can make you soo blind to the bigger picture! I'll be having a listen to that podcast. ☺️ x

    ReplyDelete

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig