Tuesday 26 May 2015

Summer favourites

I've just had a mini break to Malta and after the never ending gloom and rain of London, I am finally in the mood for summer! I've put together my top summer fashion picks so if you see me out and about over the next couple of months, this is what I'll be wearing!

Pale pink soft leather backpack

I love a back pack simply for the fact that your hands are free to do whatever you please, like swing from trees, tie up your hair whilst walking, eat a sandwich and hold a drink at the same time… the possibilities are endless. I had a black leather one for the winter and wore it so much that I was nicknamed Dora the Explorer.

Stripes

My favourite new dress/sleeveless shirt. It was £28 from Dorothy Perkins and can be worn over a top and jeans, or as a summer dress with sandals. I love the laid back tie-up waist, whilst the capped shoulders make it formal enough to wear in the office. You can never go wrong with a blue and white stripe in summer!

Chunky Sandals
Sandals are great. I would wear them 365 days a year if I could, but I can’t – so in summer I tend to go sandal crazy. My new favourites are these chunky ones with the grip sole, super comfy and effortlessly cool.
Metallic

I bought these metallic chunky platform trainers in the office sale for £17 and have been praying that metallic will be in trend this summer so I don’t get caught looking like an astronaut alone. I love the metallic nail polishes, too. You can get them from Topshop for £6.
Circle Sunnies


I bought these sunglasses last year from urban outfitters for about a tenner and I'm a firm believer that when it comes to sunglasses, expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. With that being said, I've only ever had one pair of designer shades and they got punched off my face while I was skiing and are now totally un-wearable, so I'm probably just bitter. Aldo are doing buy one get one free on their sunglasses at the moment and H&M and Dorothy Perkins have some good ones, too!
Tassels
A tassel bag, a tassel top, a tassel bikini. If you like the boho style then tassels are made for you. They seem to reappear every summer, so I’m glad to see them making yet another comeback this year.
Now all we need is the sunshine...
Emma
  xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig