Saturday 1 August 2015

These are a few of my favourite things

I've not really felt myself this week. Not in a sad way. More in a tired, lethargic, can't be bothered to do anything kind of way. I'm quite an energetic person and I enjoy being busy, but we all have those weird weeks from time to time where there is no particular reason for you feeling a bit gloomy, but you just can't shake it.


Now it's Saturday and booooy I've been waiting for this. I knew that I needed to spend the day doing the things I love, not the things I feel I have to do. I realised today how important it is that we know ourselves, and listen to our bodies when they are screaming at us for a bit of attention, so in true sound of music style, these are a few of my faaaaavourite things...

Sunbathing
It's bad for your skin and you shouldn't do it. BUT I LOVE IT. There's something about being warmed up by the big ball of fire in the sky that makes me oh so happy.

Exercising
I have a love/hate relationship with this one. It makes me feel good, but finding the motivation to do it, especially if you've had a down-ish week, is pretty difficult. I haven't exercised this week which is probably why I've not been feeling tip-top, so today I will be paying my good old friend, the gym, a visit!

Animals
I have a dog called Poppy and she makes me smile. I went over to my parents house this morning to sit in the garden with her (and to see my parents of course, sorry mum!). I think animals have a super power which means they have the ability to make anyone happy, even the meanest person in the world. If you don't have your own pet to look at, here's a picture instead.

Taking naps/sleeping in
I love my sleep. If I don't get at least 7.5hours a night I am GRRROOOOOGGGYY! I think I wrote a post about this before actually...so yeah, you get the gist. Sleep makes Emma happy.

Baking
I'm not very good at cooking actual meals. It takes me ages and it usually burns. But because I am mildly okay at baking, I really enjoy it. Banana and chocolate chip loaf in the oven...TICK! (Here's the recipe...http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/banana_and_chocolate)

Spending time with God
Oooooooweeee i could go on for days about this one. Spending time reading my bible, praying and worshipping in my bedroom is the best.thing.ever. Like anyone, I go through phases of struggling to make time for it but as soon as I do I can't believe I ever spent a single day without speaking (and listening) to God!

Being with people
I always think I want time alone, but ten minutes in I'm texting everyone I know and sending silly snapchats to my friends. Maybe you're a people person or maybe you like time by yourself. Both are fine, but you've just got to know who you are and what you like. I thought today I would have 'me time' and ended up driving over to my parents house because mine was empty.

Getting blogger notifications
Every time someone leaves a comment or sends me a message via the contact form in the 'About Me' section I get an email notification and my heart does little backflips! I will always always always try to reply because I am so glad that you took the time to get in touch and tell me a bit about yourself. 

I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favourite things. It's exciting that we are all unique with different stuff that makes us happy, get in touch and tell me yours!

Next week I'll be at a Christian youth event called Newday and I plan on making a little video diary, so makes sure you check the blog to see what I've been up to.

Emma
  xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig