Thursday 23 February 2017

#AFewOfMyFavouriteThings: Polaroids and Invisibobbles


What do Polaroid Cameras and Invisibobbles have in common?


Nothing.

....apart from that I love them both equally!

First of all, some of you may be asking what the heck is an invisibobble. Well, it’s the plastic spirally thing on my wrist, which is actually a hairband that is specifically designed to not leave kinks in your hair.

It also has reaaaaally good grip so it’s perfect for messy buns and doesn’t pull on your hair so you’ll never get a headache from having one strand of hair pulled too tight! I have been totally converted, I can’t remember the last time I wore a normal hairband.

I think they were originally designed as transparent, hence the ‘invisi’ bit in the name, but they do them in the cutest colours now and my fave is this baby blue!


And now on to my next favourite thing – my Instax Mini 8 Polaroid Camera.

Before I go any further, I just want to point out that the "shake it like a polaroid picture" line by Outkast is totally deceiving. You should never shake a polaroid picture because it can distort the image, but now because of the blimmin' song every time someone is handed a polaroid they instantly start shaking it. 

With that being said, I understand that "lay it on a flat surface like a polaroid picture" doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

Anyway, the Instax polaroid cameras have been around for a while, but I got mine for Christmas and I have used it so much since. I wasn’t sure whether to get one at first because I’m so used to digital cameras now where you can take 100 pictures and just choose your favourite one, I thought there would be too much pressure to get it right in one shot so it would put me off. But it hasn’t and I love it!

Fujifilm have put a great twist on the classic polaroid style by making these in the best pastel colours, and again, my fave is the baby blue, although I must admit it looks more of a mint green in the picture above...


You can pick one up for just £65 from Amazon or Argos, most of the time there will be a special offer where you get 10 shots with it for free so it’s worth shopping around a little bit! 

It’s the shots which make polaroid life expensive, costing £15 for a pack of 20 which means every picture you take costs you a whopping 75p. But as long as you make every snap count you won’t be worrying about that!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Emma Francis. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig